This full-time position provides leadership and management of an internal evaluation and learning team that supports all departments in Built for Zero (BFZ). This position will be accountable for supporting the creation of approaches to learning and evaluation across all BFZ teams, constantly improving upon those approaches, and managing third-party evaluation and research contracts.
This management position is in the Strategy and Evaluation portfolio, the only internally facing department within Built for Zero.
Defining Success for this Position:
- Develops and leads a team of evaluation, knowledge, and research analysts who use rigorous evaluation and research techniques to provide insights into BfZ program performance.
- Applies rigorous methods to design internal evaluations and supports continuous improvement of internal evaluation methods.
- Works with teams across Built for Zero organization to support design of evaluation and learning projects.
- Centers user experience in project design and execution.
- Provides recommendations for improvement for BFZ programming based on learnings from evaluation and research.
- Leads development of organizational learning processes and practices across all BfZ teams that support and accelerates the achievement of the organization’s strategic plan aims.
- Supports development and refinement of BFZ strategies, interventions, and tactics by evaluating and continuously testing assumptions and hypotheses.
- Ensures an equity lens on all evaluation and learning projects, and makes concrete, evidence-informed recommendations on how we can further advance equity in all evaluated work
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the Learning and Evaluation team.
- Manages budget for team-related expenses.
- Leads the continued development of Built for Zero-wide evaluation and learning projects.
- Manages third-party evaluation and research contracts.
- Conducts and leads research and learning projects on homelessness, equity, poverty, and other related topics. Writes up literature reviews, secondary data analyses, and other products for internal and external dissemination.
- Leads and supports continued development of knowledge management systems across the organization.
- Participates as a full member of the Strategy and Evaluation Leadership Team, supporting teamwide strategy and decision-making.
- Presents summary reports, presentations, and findings to both internal and external audiences.
- Other duties as assigned, to advance the efforts of Built for Zero.
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in social sciences (social work, psychology, education, public health, etc.), or equivalent experience.
- Five to seven years of experience supervising staff in a professional setting.
- Experience with conducting or leading mixed methods evaluation in a professional work setting.
- Familiarity with quality improvement methods.
- Familliary with program implementation methods.
- Knowledge of/experience in working in housing and homelessness or related sectors.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written, oral, and visual form.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to lead meetings and present results to multiple internal and external audiences.
- Ability to use a strengths-based approach when developing and executing projects..
- Ability to learn and adopt new technology as necessary.
- Google Apps
- MS Office
CS offers competitive salaries and benefits packages for every position. The salary range for this position is between $90,842 and $118,095. The actual salary is commensurate with the candidate's experience and may go beyond the listed range.
This position can be located anywhere in the U.S. and provides the flexibility to work from a remote location without the standard support available at an office if desired. The Built for Zero team has offices in Los Angeles and New York.
This position requires about 2 to 5 days of travel every 2 months to attend semi-annual team retreats and other on-site trainings or conferences. Most travel is to major cities around the US, including current Built for Zero communities.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We strive for inclusivity and diversity by attracting extraordinary people from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences. We seek to employ an all-star team of people who vary by their race and ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, age, culture, religion, veteran status, and physical and mental abilities. We promote equal opportunity in the recruitment, selection, training, compensation, promotion, and benefits of all employees.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate:
COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all Community Solutions staff—full-time, part-time, and contracted. Vaccination documentation must be provided to Community Solutions. Vaccination information is completely confidential between the staff member and HR.