About Community Solutions:
Community Solutions is a non-profit organization that works to achieve a lasting end to homelessness that leaves no one behind. We envision a more equitable future where homelessness is never inevitable or a way of life, for anyone. Since 2015, we have led Built for Zero, a movement of more than 70 cities and counties using data to radically change how they work and the impact they can achieve — and proving that it is possible to make homelessness rare and brief. Nearly half of those communities have reduced homelessness in their communities, and 14 have ended veteran or chronic homelessness. In order to help communities equitably and sustainably end homelessness, we are also working to identify solutions that can address gaps in housing, disrupt inflow into homelessness, and produce more racially equitable systems.
Community Solutions seeks leaders at every level: extraordinary, mission-oriented people not satisfied with the status quo. We are a team of values-driven innovators motivated by results. We eagerly seek and support diverse applicants. We provide generous benefits and opportunities for inspiring and transformational professional growth. We pride ourselves in developing an inclusive workplace culture that encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work every day.
We seek an experienced, self-motivated candidate to build and manage an internal analytics and measurement team in Built for Zero (BfZ). This position reports to the Portfolio Lead for Learning and Evaluation and is responsible for the supervision of both people and work.
Defining Success for this Position:
- Develop and lead a team of data analysts and visualization specialists that use internal and external data and statistical methods to provide insights into BfZ program performance and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Support continuous improvement of systems, ensuring BfZ staff are empowered through a self-service analytics model.
- Incorporate an equity lens on all quantitative and qualitative data analysis and make concrete, data-informed recommendations on how we can further advance equity in all work
- Support the design of projects for publication and write for publication
- Ensure our systems are ready to go to scale. Our work is constantly growing, so it’s crucial that we build with an eye toward supporting more communities and initiatives with identifying and disseminating the information they need to inform their work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage a team of data analysts.
- Implement and oversee analytical and measurement methods across all BfZ teams.
- Oversee development and implementation of integrated information systems to support ongoing operations.
- Participate as a full member of the Learning and Evaluation Leadership Team, assisting with teamwide strategy and decision-making.
- Coordinate with various teams within BfZ to identify requirements for data collection, warehousing, reporting, and analytical solutions.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative data analysis, to inform learning.
- Ongoing evaluation of the team against strategic plan aims, in coordination with the Learning and Evaluation Portfolio Team lead.
- Support continued development of knowledge management systems
- Write internal and external publications.
- Plan for and manage the budget for team-related expenses
- Present summary reports, presentations, and findings to both internal and external audiences.
- Serve as backup to the Learning & Evaluation Portfolio Lead, as needed.
- Contribute to team discussions around how to collect, prepare, and interpret information to support learning across the organization
- Other duties, as assigned, to advance the efforts of Built for Zero.
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- Three to five years of previous work experience in a professional environment
- At least one year of experience directly supervising dedicated staff
- Skilled in data analytics, database development, and data visualizations
- Experience managing multiple competing projects
- Working knowledge of business intelligence tools (i.e., Tableau, Power BI, etc.), SQL databases, Excel, and Google Apps products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High tolerance for ambiguity and moving projects forward in a shifting, often uncertain environment
- Able to see, and pivot between, multiple paths to the same goal
- Problem-solving and project management skills
- Demonstrated understanding of structural racism and its impact on communities of color
- Non-traditional candidates are welcome. Community Solutions strives for representation and authentic inclusion of applicants and employees who have direct, first-hand experience with poverty, homelessness, and their root causes (including marginalization, discrimination, and inequity).
- Google Apps
- MS Office
CS offers competitive salaries and benefits packages for every position. Salary range for this position is $85,500-$111,200.
This position can be located anywhere in the U.S. and provides the flexibility to work from a remote location without the standard support available at an office if desired. The Built for Zero team has offices in Los Angeles and New York.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We strive for inclusivity and diversity by attracting extraordinary people from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences. We seek to employ an all-star team of people who vary by their race and ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, age, culture, religion, veteran status, and physical and mental abilities. We promote equal opportunity in the recruitment, selection, training, compensation, promotion, and benefits of all employees.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate:
COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all Community Solutions staff—full-time, part-time, and contracted. Vaccination documentation must be provided to Community Solutions. Vaccination information is completely confidential between the staff member and HR.