Brownsville Partnership (BP) is seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and highly organized individual to serve as a front desk Administrative Assistant for the Gregory Jackson Center for Brownsville.
The Brownsville Partnership works together with a network of organizations and residents to build on existing assets and create solutions to Brownsville’s most pressing challenges. The Brownsville Partnership seeks a front-desk Administrative Assistant to maintain the day-to-day administrative office activities and ensure smooth operations at the BP office.
This position will be situated in two locations at the Gregory Jackson Center. Some days s/he will work from the front desk on the first floor, greeting each guest and making sure each guest is directed to the correct person and program. On other days, s/he will work from the BP office on the 4th Floor, providing administrative support, coordinating logistics for the office, and working on special projects.
Over more than a decade, residents, not for profits, government, local business, and philanthropy have come together under the Partnership to work collectively on priorities set by Brownsville families. In 2019, the Brownsville Partnership began transitioning from a project incubated within Community Solutions to become a separate, affiliated not for profit.
The Partnership supports the implementation of the Brownsville Plan, a collective strategy for the equitable development of the neighborhood, through the lens of health, housing, and economic mobility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the first contact for telephone calls and visitors to The Greg Jackson Center, ensuring that a person always answers the phone and assisting and directing all guests and visitors to their designated parties.
- Support office activities on a daily basis to ensure professional, effective business operations.
- Help ensure the efficient operation of all office equipment
- Multi-line phone
- Process incoming mail and ensure that the information received is directed to the appropriate individuals
- Support the maintenance of the office supply inventory and order additional supplies when needed.
- Maintain the bulletin board of required posting of events and general information and post the information on all social media sites for the organization
- Manage electronic space request inquiries and maintain the calendars for space usages at the Greg Jackson Center.
Finance and Accounting Payable
- Support the collection of bills and receipts for purchases made with corporate credit cards and input information in the accounts payable system.
- Maintain an updated list of accounting numbers and cost center codes and confirm the accuracy of the coded payment requests.
- Plan and implement logistics for meetings and events
- As needed, coordinate and oversee the completion of special projects
- Experience being attentive to customers and providing exceptional service.
- Ability to track and log information accurately
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and demonstrate a willingness to shift quickly between various responsibilities while completing the task promptly.
- Ability to negotiate on behalf of the organization with vendors and suppliers
- High level of attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Team player who is open to constructive criticism received or relayed in a professional manner
- Excellent communication skills (both interpersonal and written)
- Ability to work independently and self-manage to achieve goals while being an active team player
- Willingness to help out whenever needed
- Strong negotiation, mediation and listening skills
- Ability to exercise excellent independent judgment and ownership of decisions
- An unwavering commitment to producing high-quality work products
- Willingness to embrace and actively support the unique culture and values of Brownsville Partnership
- Spanish speaking is preferred but not required
- Google Business applications
- MS Office Suite products, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
Hourly wage up to $20/hour, based on experience. This is a part-time position (approximately 24 hours per week)