We seek an experienced, self-motivated candidate to lead a centralized operational work planning and project management office. The Strategy Lead reports to the Director of Strategy and Evaluation and is responsible for supervision of both people and work.
Defining Success for this Position:
Lead and continuously develop a team in providing internal project management and operational planning support to the Built for Zero team in the following areas:
- Effective, timely, and efficient project management support across all Built for Zero projects, in service of Community Solutions’ strategic and operational plan aims.
- Continued development and execution of Built for Zero’s 6-month operational planning and execution framework.
- Customer-centered internal systems to support project management and operational planning.
- Reliable processes for monitoring and optimizing staffing capacity across the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise all areas of work within the team, including:
- Project management, in service of Community Solutions’ strategic plan aims.
- Direct the allocation of project management staff on projects in coordination with Project Managers and management
- Internal communications across portfolios.
- Professional development and staff performance management.
- Participate as a full member of the Strategy and Evaluation Leadership Team, assisting with teamwide strategy and decision-making.
- Collaborate closely and remain in close alignment with BfZ Departments.
- Provide professional development supervision to direct line staff.
- Plan for and manage the budget for team-related expenses.
- Continuously evaluate and suggest strategies for optimizing staff capacity to support sustainable staffing and workloads across portfolios.
- Serve as backup to the Strategy and Evaluation Director, as needed.
- Contribute to team discussions around how to collect, prepare, and interpret information to support learning across the organization
- Other duties, as assigned, to advance the efforts of the Strategy & Evaluation Portfolio
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- Five to seven years previous work experience supervising staff in a professional setting.
- Project management experience required, PMP preferred.
- Experience managing multiple competing projects
- Experience implementing quality improvement and human centered design methodologies
- Strong working knowledge of Asana or other project management platforms and, Google Apps products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High tolerance for ambiguity and moving projects forward in a shifting, often uncertain environment
- Able to see, and pivot between, multiple paths to the same goal
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated understanding of structural racism and strategies for advancing equity.
- Non-traditional candidates are welcome. Community Solutions strives for representation and authentic inclusion of applicants and employees who have direct, first-hand experience with poverty, homelessness, and their root causes (including marginalization, discrimination, and inequity).
- Google Apps
- MS Office
CS offers competitive salaries and benefits packages for every position. The salary range for this position is between $90,842 and $118,095. The actual salary is commensurate with the candidate's experience and may go beyond the listed range.
This position can be located anywhere in the U.S. and provides the flexibility to work from a remote location without the standard support available at an office if desired. The Built for Zero team has offices in Los Angeles and New York.
This position requires about 2 to 5 days of travel every 2 months to attend semi-annual team retreats and other on-site trainings or conferences. Most travel is to major cities around the US, including current Built for Zero communities.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We strive for inclusivity and diversity by attracting extraordinary people from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences. We seek to employ an all-star team of people who vary by their race and ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, age, culture, religion, veteran status, physical and mental abilities. We promote equal opportunity in the recruitment, selection, training, compensation, promotion, and benefits of all employees.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate:
COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all Community Solutions staff—full-time, part-time, and contracted. Vaccination documentation must be provided to Community Solutions. Vaccination information is completely confidential between the staff member and HR.