Community Solutions (CS) is looking for a summer intern to support our marketing and engagement with communities in the Built for Zero Collaborative. The intern will work part-time, 12-15 hours per week, starting in early May through the end of the summer. If the intern’s school does not provide a stipend for internships, then CS will compensate her/him at $12/hr or minimum wage in the state/city, whichever is higher. The intern will have access to multiple training and educational opportunities throughout the summer.
The Built for Zero movement is focused on creating a lasting end to homelessness that leaves no one behind in communities across the country, profoundly changing beliefs about the solvability of homelessness. The Marketing and Engagement Intern will help to engage and connect the 85+ Collaborative communities driving that movement, through communications and outreach activities throughout the entire lifecycle of a Built for Zero community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing and Engagement
- Support marketing and engagement efforts with communities in the Built for Zero Collaborative
- Assist with project management for enrollment cycles
- Gather and track community engagement and marketing data
- Conduct outreach and engagement efforts such as digital content preparation and delivery, email communications and response
- Research, develop, and write copy and content for various Built for Zero communications
- Strategize ways to further engagement and connection with and among Built for Zero Collaborative communities
- Suggest improvements for efficiency and streamlining of Built for Zero community enrollment processes and strategies
- Tech-savvy; data visualization skills a huge plus
- Project management skills, i.e. the ability to innovate and execute on solutions that matter.
- Some analytical and research skills, i.e. the ability to draw conclusions from data
- Process tracking and knowledge management skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Quick learner with the ability to self-motivate
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Receives and relays criticism constructively
Trainings and educational opportunities offered during internship
- Project management training, including Asana software training
- Organization-wide orientation for summer interns
- Community Solutions’ Core Competencies Training
- Bi-weekly Executive Team virtual lunches to connect with senior leadership
- Participation in team meetings and all-staff meetings
- Regular check-ins with supervisor for feedback and guidance
- The intern may work from the Atlanta office, or virtually.