Community Solutions is a hardworking team of social problem solvers working to end homelessness and the conditions that create it. Our Built for Zero team is working with about 125 communities across the US and around the world to build a movement to end chronic and veteran homelessness. Fourteen communities have already achieved success.
We need an experienced, self-starting Network Coordinator to help ensure our work is impeccably designed and expertly coordinated across the Built for Zero Collaborative, in the face of frequently shifting projects and resource demands. As part of a team working to leverage the Built for Zero network for impact, this position will build, manage and improve the infrastructure supporting the progress of a growing network of community teams committed to ending homelessness. This position will function as a ‘hub of the wheel’ in our work ready to respond quickly to the needs of community teams as well as the support provided by Built for Zero team team members. Over time we expect this person to become a familiar face to community teams and a trusted ‘front door’ for support--big and small. This position will report to the UX and Network Management Lead, and will coordinate closely with Collaborative and Built for Zero team members.
About Community Solutions:
Community Solutions is a non-profit organization working toward a lasting end to homelessness that leaves no one behind. We envision a more equitable future where homelessness is never inevitable or a way of life, for anyone. Since 2015, we have led Built for Zero, a movement of more than 80 cities and counties using data to radically change how they work and the impact they can achieve — and proving that it is possible to make homelessness rare and brief. Nearly half of those communities have reduced homelessness in their communities, and 14 of those communities have ended veteran or chronic homelessness. To help communities equitably and sustainably end homelessness, we are also identifying solutions to address gaps in housing, disrupt inflow into homelessness, and produce more racially equitable housing systems.
Community Solutions seeks leaders at every level: extraordinary, mission-oriented people not satisfied with the status quo. We are a team of values driven innovators motivated by results. We eagerly seek and support diverse applicants. We provide generous benefits and opportunities for inspiring and transformational professional growth. We pride ourselves in developing an inclusive workplace culture that encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work every day.
Defining Success for this Position:
- Build and sustain commitment to ending homelessness, improvement work and engagement with Built for Zero as measured by the adoption of key associated behaviors among Built for Zero community teams.
- User experience feedback loops and improvement efforts are well-coordinated, documented and organized.
- Built for Zero community information is well-organized and up-to-date in Salesforce infrastructure--meeting the needs of the Built for Zero and Community Solutions’ teams.
- Logistics for network events and virtual engagements are well-coordinated and executed with excellence
- Community goal setting and strategy design processes are well-coordinated and executed with excellence--those involved in this facilitation report being adequately prepared and supported enabling a positive experience and result
- Logistical needs of the Collaborative Team are well-documented and supported
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding and Improving User Experience:
- Logistical and coordination support to maintain and execute user feedback loops
- Triage community requests for information, logistical or other kinds of support and coordinate responses as appropriate.
- Participate in community touch points--supporting user experience and strengthening relationships with community teams.
- Maintaining Salesforce Infrastructure:
- Understanding the informational needs of the Collaborative, Built for Zero and Community Solutions teams
- Working with the Built for Zero data team to align Salesforce infrastructure to meet these needs
- Building and managing processes to maintain community records in Salesforce reflective of these needs, ensuring that information is up to date and accurate for all communities.
- Logistics and Coordination for External Community Processes:
- Learning Sessions: Support and improve community experience and engagement during Learning Sessions, from registration months before, to follow-up in the weeks after.
- Network Events and Virtual Engagements: Support the scheduling, promotion and execution of network-wide events and virtual engagements
- Functional Zero Confirmation: Support confirmation processes for Functional Zero in partnership with the BFZ Data Team.
- Strategic Communications: Support coordination of content development and meeting deadlines for strategic communications to Built for Zero community teams
- New Community Onboarding: Coordinate activities associated with new communities joining Built for Zero with a focus on user experience and fully executing processes as designed
- Community Assessment, Goal-Setting and Re-Commitment Processes: Manage logistics for periodic assessment and goal setting processes with community teams. Support the logistical needs of activities surrounding Built for Zero teams re-committing to participation and updates to formal participation agreements..
- Internal Team Coordination and Other Logistical Supports:
- Work with Strategy Leads to understand and prioritize logistical needs across the Collaborative Team. These may include project management and logistical needs connected to the delivery of community interventions as well as internal team processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High tolerance for ambiguity and moving projects forward in a shifting, often uncertain environment
- Able to see, and pivot between, multiple paths to the same goal
- Comfortable managing individuals without supervisory authority
- Skillful and respectful conflict resolution
- Works well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Strong problem solving and project management skills
- Experience with Asana or other open-source project management platform
- Experience with complex project management in an environment in which you lacked specific content/subject matter expertise
- File and asset management
- Strong, organized multitasker
- Comfort giving and receiving in-the-moment, direct feedback — to/from peers and supervisors
- Zeal for continuous learning and improvement
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years work experience in a professional environment
- Non-profit project management experience preferred, especially in the homelessness sector
- Experience supporting user experience and relationships
- Experience using Salesforce preferred
- Non-traditional candidates welcome. Community Solutions strives for representation and authentic inclusion of applicants and employees who have direct, first-hand experience with poverty, homelessness, and their root causes (including marginalization, discrimination, and inequity).
- Google Drive and business applications
- Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Zoom Video Conferencing
CS offers competitive salaries and benefits packages for every position. The salary range for this position is $58,500-$73,200
Around 2 to 5 days of travel will be required every 3 months to attend semi-annual team retreats, BFZ portfolio-specific huddles, and other on-site trainings or convenings. Most travel is to major cities around the US, including current Built for Zero communities.
This position may also work remotely from anywhere in the US, but would ideally be based in a city in which our team has an office. Community Solutions has offices in Atlanta, Hartford, Los Angeles, New York, and Washington, DC.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We strive for inclusivity and diversity by attracting extraordinary people from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences. We seek to employ an all-star team of people who vary by their race and ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, age, culture, religion, veteran status, physical and mental abilities. We promote equal opportunity in the recruitment, selection, training, compensation, promotion, and benefits of all employees.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate:
COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all Community Solutions staff—full-time, part-time, and contracted. Vaccination documentation must be provided to Community Solutions. Vaccination information is completely confidential between the staff member and HR.