Community Solutions uses Salesforce across its Built for Zero initiative, Strategic Partnerships and Communications, Policy, and Operations departments to house and analyze data in service of its mission. The Salesforce Systems Administrator is a critical role that will work closely with other department leaders to provide oversight and support that enables the use of Salesforce to track organizational data. The Salesforce Systems Administrator is responsible for executing the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our CRM platform, while keeping up-to-date on system upgrades and ever-improving product features and making recommendations on how to leverage third party integrations.
Defining Success for this Position:
- Autonomously manage the enterprise implementation of Salesforce and its integration across Community Solutions ensuring it is a tool used to its maximum ability for the organization.
- Ability to visualize and understand offline business needs and to translate them into systems and technical solutions leveraging the Salesforce platform
- Streamline the Community Investment Process and ensure Salesforce can enable all necessary functionality for operations, partnership, and programmatic end users
- Develop a process for feature requests or improvements
- Enable the clearest possible internal communication and flow of information across teams within Salesforce to minimize duplicative work
- Ensure staff skills needed to succeed are properly identified and provide or provision training
- Ensure that internal data in Salesforce is up to date and that reporting and data collection processes are optimized for ease of staff use
- Manage staff licenses, user roles, and permissions
About Community Solutions:
Community Solutions is a nonprofit that works to achieve a lasting end to homelessness that leaves no one behind. Our initiative Built for Zero is a movement of 98+ communities working to measurably end homelessness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Salesforce System Configuration and Management (60%)
- Designs, builds, tests, and deploys enhancements via the creation of custom objects, security controls, user profiles and permissions sets.
- Ensures integrity of data entered by various teams by creating systems for identifying and eliminating duplicates, identifying system errors that interfere with data quality, and running quality control systems to analyze integrity of data being entered by various teams.
- Handles core administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks.
- Assists other users with building and evaluating reports, dashboards, and mailings to ensure that all teams are supported; completes regular internal system audits and prepares for upgrades.
- Serves as the point person for system troubleshooting, coordinating with outside resources as appropriate.
Training, Documentation and Support (30%)
- Provides support and training for Salesforce use, including orientations for new staff and specialized training in response to changing roles. Provides recommendations for specific Trailhead trainings and resources. Develops department-specific manuals as needed.
- Onboards new users.
- Documents all systems, definitions, and best practices. Recommends, writes, and updates internal policy and procedure documents.
- Surveys user adoption rates and provides suggestions on additional training sessions, communication, modifications, or other resources.
- Effectively communicates the broader business needs and how these needs translate into systems.
- Models best practices in how data is entered, shared, and used for different audiences.
- Attends professional development events to stay current on Salesforce and accompanying apps.
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- Ability to work closely with teams to understand business needs and deliver clean system architecture that meets user requirements
- 3-5 years of experience managing Salesforce operations
- Knowledge of Salesforce NPSP
- Experience with Lightning UI, Web Components, Apex, and VisualForce
- Experience with configuring Custom Objects & Fields, Validation Rules, Workflows, Process Builder, Flows, Approval Processes, Reports, and Dashboards
- Experience in deployment/packaging using Change Sets & Metadata API
- Experience configuring or implementing third-party integrations like packages and/or external data sources
- Experience with designing and developing integration solutions using web service APIs, REST and SOAP APIs
- Salesforce.com certification (nice but not required)
- Knowledge of nonprofit fundraising practices
- Strong technology and database background, including database development and maintenance, and aptitude and interest in new trends and developments
- Familiarity with SQL and/or Google Apps Script is a plus
- Google Suite
- Google Apps Script
- SQL databases
This full-time position can be located anywhere in the US and provides the flexibility to work from a remote location without the standard support available at an office if desired.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We strive for inclusivity and diversity by attracting extraordinary people from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences. We seek to employ an all-star team of people who vary by their race and ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, age, culture, religion, veteran status, physical and mental abilities. We promote equal opportunity in the recruitment, selection, training, compensation, promotion, and benefits of all employees.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate:
COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all Community Solutions staff—full-time, part-time, and contracted. Vaccination documentation must be provided to Community Solutions. Vaccination information is completely confidential between the staff member and HR.