Community Solutions seeks a consultant who will be responsible for accomplishing the fundraising goals of the Brownsville Partnership and United for Brownsville and specific projects as they emerge. This includes grant writing and reporting, prospect research, relationship building, and event planning as necessary.
About Community Solutions:
Community Solutions is a non-profit organization that works to achieve a lasting end to homelessness that leaves no one behind. We envision a more equitable future where homelessness is never inevitable or a way of life for anyone. Since 2015, we have led Built for Zero, a movement of more than 80 cities and counties using data to change how they work radically and the impact they can achieve — and proving that it is possible to make homelessness rare and brief. Nearly half of those communities have reduced homelessness in their communities, and 14 of those communities have ended veteran or chronic homelessness. To help communities equitably and sustainably end homelessness, we are also working to identify solutions that can address gaps in housing, disrupt inflow into homelessness, and produce more racially equitable systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Manage the Brownsville portfolio of foundation and government funders.
● Write grant proposals, reports, and requests for the Brownsville Partnership and United for Brownsville. Assist project leadership and staff in creating a consistent, coherent, and compelling narrative around the work in Brownsville, New York.
● Coordinate site visits for potential donors.
● Serve as the lead for development strategy, identification of opportunities, and prospect research for Brownsville efforts.
● Lead monthly fundraising calls to ensure fundraising progress.
● Ensure the accurate tracking of all relevant deadlines and ensure timely submissions.
● Support Community Solutions teams in developing communication materials, reports, and project plans for funders and partners.
Support from Community Solutions staff:
● The consultant will work jointly with the staff at the Brownsville Partnership and United for Brownsville to ensure their efforts are fully funded.
● The consultant will have access to and will be able to consult with the Director of Strategic Partnerships for support as needed.
Non-traditional candidates are welcome. Community Solutions strives for representation and authentic inclusion of applicants and employees who have direct, first-hand experience with poverty, homelessness, and their root causes (including marginalization, discrimination, and
CS will pay the consultant $4,000 on a monthly basis for approximately 10 hours of work per week. Consultant will submit monthly invoices to CS on the last day of each month. CS will process invoices within 15 days of receipt.
Reimbursement of Expenses:
CS will reimburse costs related to meetings and travel for work related to this Agreement. Consultant must submit detailed expense reports with original receipts to claim payment.
“This is a remote position, but experience fundraising in New York City is required.